If you are an Inner Circle member please contact [email protected] before purchasing for a special discount.
Contains over 80 minutes of extensive video content and analysis.
This bundle also includes:
- BTS Stills
You will learn:
- How a build a treatment to pitch for the job.
- Understanding what agencies are looking for and how to make yourself stand out from the rest.
- Creating a visual presentation that let’s people tap into your vision as a director.
- How to navigate agency politics and client politics to create a sure footing in the commercial world.
- Breaking down agency boards and how to develope your notes to craft your vision.
- Understanding how to articulate your voice and making the audience know who you are.
- Learning ways to pitch your ideas and to make them stick.
- How to execute earlier discussions with the agency and rope in the job.
- Devising a plan in which you can provide creative assets that the agency will want.
- How to break down the casting process.
- Understanding the brand in which you have to represent and how to follow through with their voice.
- Organizing your commercial early on in the pre production phase.
- How to bring your creation to life.
- Organizing the project to enter into the production phase.
- Orchestrating a crew that will execute your vision.
- How to create a shot list for the project.
- Understanding the logistics of the project.
- Devising a budget and schedule that will help get the most out of the project.
- How to manage expectations going into production.
- Understanding every step that you need to take to come out on top with your project.
The commercial world is quick, cut throat, and ever-evolving with the massive amount of content this industry needs annually. With more and more companies wanting to be seen on TV, in internet ads, and in social media platforms, agencies and production companies are working around the clock and faster than ever to keep up with demands. As a director, it can be a whirlwind from conception to execution.
In this bundle, Shane Hurlbut, ASC discusses one of his highly regarded directorial projects in the commercial side of things. In 2012, he embarked with Case IH on making a national spot for what they do in agriculture and how they are a pivotal tool for the world around us. Over the course of four videos, he breaks down the early discussions with agencies, creating a treatment, navigating pre-production, and how to execute your vision in production. This is a thorough step-by-step analysis of everything you will need to consider as a director wanting to enter into commercial production and the various hurdles you’ll have to face and how you can get around them. This will give you the foundation you need to execute your vision and to create the commercial that you want to make.