Music via Musicbed: Silver Pages – “High Noon”
If you are an Inner Circle member please contact [email protected] before purchasing for a special discount.
Contains over 15 minutes of extensive video content and analysis.
You will learn:
- How to light for three cameras and the compromises you make
- How to motivate your daylight sources so that it feels realistic in a set environment
- How to block for three cameras
- How to use camera movement to capture the emotion of a scene
- How to use bounce light in interior set environments
- How to use color contrast to separate your actors out of the background
- How to use a specific quality of bounce light to give dimension to a face
The shoot is running behind schedule and the pressure is on. Everyone is looking at you, the DP, to get the scene shot on time. What are your options? Consider using a three camera setup to shoot the scene quickly and efficiently! Shane Hurlbut, ASC will take you through how to light and block for a three camera setup, and explain the compromises you might have to make.
Shane will also show you how to use camera movement to create the emotion of a scene, and share his extensive knowledge of using bounce light in interior set environments, how to use color contrast to separate your actors out of the background, and how to use a specific quality of bounce light to give dimension to a face. You’re going to face all sorts of unpredictable challenges as a DP, and the quick thinking displayed by Shane in this video is an example you need to follow!