Click to Buy Camera Technical Series: Get the Best Out of Your Dragon Sensor – $189.97 (Total Value $250)
If you are an Inner Circle member please contact [email protected] before purchasing for a special discount.
This Camera Technician series will help you get the best performance out of all of your RED Dragon camera systems. This is from boots on the ground on major feature films where we put this system through its paces. Now we want to educate you all and set you up for success.
My secret weapon, Chris Herr, is going to walk you through how he dialed in this camera system for AMC’s Into the Badlands and countless commercials. He shows you how to maximize this system’s potential by showing you the tools, the black shade protocol, and the way to manage your heat to the sensor, as well as a the workflow that will increase your speed on set.
Once you understand the tech, we take your RED sensor through a series of tests. You’ll see the camera’s latitude, its ISO noise levels, and what ISOs work the best for day and night shooting. We’ll go through the different types of OLPFs and how they can help tell your story. We dive into IR pollution on the camera’s sensor using Neutral Density filters to see how it affects your color space, and then educate you on how to combat IR pollution.
I’m going to include all fourteen of the RED Dragon Look Up Tables that I use on my feature films and commercials. I will walk you through how each LUT helps you to tell your cinematic story. These will take your creation to the next level.
This is the full package, intensive instruction and extensive testing, pushing your camera to the extreme. All of this is an effort to show you how to get the best out of your RED Dragon.
In this packed series, you’ll get:
- Camera Tests: Over 2.5 Hours of detailed video content
- Compression Test
- Day ISO Noise Test
- Night ISO Noise Test
- IR Pollution Test
- IR Pollution Test Low Light OLPF vs Standard OLPF vs Skin Tone OLPF
- IR ND Filter vs Non-IR Filter Test
- IR ND Filter vs Hot Mirror IR ND Filter Test
- IR ND Filter vs True ND Filter Test
- IRE Value/Skin Tone Test
- IRE Value vs Canon C500 IRE Value/Skin Tone Test
- Under-Exposure Latitude Test
- Over-Exposure Latitude Test
- Day Backlight
- IRE Value/Skin Tone Test: Standard OLPF vs Skin Tone Highlight OLPF
- IRE Value/Skin Tone Test: Standard OLPF vs Low Light OLPF
- Each Test includes comparisons of the Standard OLPF, the Skin Tone Highlight OLPF and the Low Light OLPF.
- Camera Tech: RED Technician – 46 minutes of detailed video content and 63 pages of written content
- What to Have in Your RED Toolkit
- Black Shading Protocol
- Red Dragon Heat Management with Chris Herr
- Look Up Tables (LUTs) – 13 pages of written content and 14 RED Dragon Sensor LUTs to download and use in your workflow
- A Look at RED Dragon LUTs
- RED Dragon/Scarlet-Neutral/Skin tone
- RED Dragon/Scarlet-Interior Times of Day
- RED Dragon/Scarlet-Exterior Times of Day