Contains over 10 minutes of extensive video content and analysis.
In this series, you will learn everything you need to know about the most common lights you’re going to use on set.
You will learn:
- Understanding what lights are going to be best suited for what tasks.
- The pros and cons of the Kino Flo Select 30 & 20.
- Direct comparisons showing the difference between Kino Flo’s LED technology and similar systems on the market.
- The build quality and what it’s best suited for on a shoot.
- How to apply this light to your sets.
- The steps on how to dial-in gels.
- Things to consider when using this source on your subject.
- The functions of this light and unique tricks it can do.
- The intensity of the direct light output.
- The intensity of the bounced light output.
- CRI ratings.
- When to use this light, and when NOT to.
As a cinematographer, staying in the know with the rapid advancements in lighting isn’t an easy task. We have more lighting companies than one can keep up with all cranking out new lights at an incredible speed. That creates a real issue with figuring out what light is best for what scenario.
In this installment of the Lighting Kit Essentials Series, Shane Hurlbut, ASC and Gaffer Eric Forand discuss the one LED fixture that has become their Swiss Army Knife: the Kino Flo Select. They take you through the unique features that sets this light apart from the rest and how you can apply it to your upcoming sets. By the time you are done, you will be looking for this light in your arsenal as well.
Shane’s Inner Circle members through 4/23/18 received this content as part of their membership.