In this podcast, you will learn:
- Working with SAG Actors:
- What you’ll need to expect when producing/working on a project with SAG talent.
- Understanding their accommodations and what’ll will be expected from the production.
- Working within their contract and the SAG requirements.
- How to go about working with talent of name.
- Understanding how to be yourself and deliver the vision when working with anyone.
- The steps to lighting a background:
- The equipment necessary to get the job done.
- The simple method in which you should always approach backgrounds.
- The ratios which you should strive for in lighting.
- Where to start when lighting the background.
- How to incorporate animated elements and 2D objects into your cinematography:
- Understanding what you are trying to do and how you plan on executing it.
- How to light and compose for objects added in post.
- Understanding the basics to CGI and post-end work.
- Maintaining a positive outlook in your creativity and this industry:
- How to stay positive with the up and down trends in the industry.
- Understanding how to apply yourself to create a better future for the film industry.
- Understanding the sustainability of the film industry.
- Understanding originality and how to inspire your creations:
- How to learn from the filmmakers and greats around and before you.
- Taking in the world and understanding how to apply it to your craft.
- How to establish your creative voice and for it to feel original.
Finding what makes you “tick” as a filmmaker isn’t always easy. The world around is full of inspiration, but how do you separate all that noise and pick out what defines you? In this podcast, Shane Hurlbut, ASC and Lydia Hurlbut discuss what works for them to stay motivated. Through the ups and downs, you need to establish your guiding light. By the end of this podcast, you’ll better understand what makes you… you, and how you can apply this knowledge to uplift your life in meaningful ways.
Shane’s Inner Circle members through 4/2/18 received this content as part of their membership.