Take Your Career to the Next Level with Unparalleled Filmmaking Education from an ASC Cinematographer.
This lesson from contains over 7 minutes of extensive video content and analysis – join now and never miss another article like this!
You will learn:
- How to use industrial practical lights in a cinematic way.
- The difference between the spot and floor sports fixtures.
- Understanding the different styles of fixtures.
- Understanding the light quality of the fixtures.
- How to color correct the light for cinematic use.
- Utilizing a Sekonic C-700 Meter on set to hit your color mark.
- Learning ways to manipulate the light.
Metal halide lamps have been utilized in various applications like commercial settings, industrial parks, parking lots, sporting arenas, and retail stores since the 1960s. They have become a very distinct light speckling the world’s landscape.
Shane Hurlbut, ASC breaks down one of his favorite lights in which he used on 12 different feature films. This sport fixture carries a natural look, which he shows you how to manipulate and make “cinema-ready” for upcoming productions. This will be another light you can throw into your arsenal!