Click to Buy Illumination Workshop Module Three – Execution: understanding how to rehearse, block, light and shoot to deliver an emotional impact – $99.00
Contains over 2 hour and 8 minutes of extensive video content.
In this module you will learn:
- Understanding the importance of breaking down the blocking and action for coverage.
- Utilizing simple principles of white balancing to get the most out of your image.
- Understanding what you are facing when baking in your image and making the right decisions as an artist.
- Knowing when to choose the proper resolution for the job.
- Understanding that false color will be your ally on set when judging exposure.
- Utilizing false color to orchestrate your lighting team on what needs to change.
- Testing your coverage in rehearsals to make sure you’ve got the shots.
- Understanding how to shoot around actors and to give them the freedom they need.
- Utilizing subtle techniques to allow your actors to deliver their performance.
- Understanding the right tools to maximize your time on set.
- Picking the right focal lengths to properly expression the emotion of the scene.
- Knowing when to utilizing the right lighting setup for your scene.
- Breaking down the right lights to get the most out of your image.
- Knowing when manipulate light instead of adding more fixtures.
- Understanding light placement to create alluring images.
- Being away of your composition and how it will effect the audience.
- Understand the importance of eye-line and how they impact the audience.
- Understanding how to use cinema production camera and DSLR to tell your stories. Knowing how to work with different sensors.
- Knowing when to add add or take away depth with ND filters.
- Understanding the proper set etiquette when working in the camera department.
Module Three pulls the curtain back to reveal Shane Hurlbut ASC’s creative process on how he lights, lenses and composes when motivated by the thought process behind character emotion, and then using those specific camera and lighting techniques to assist. Lighting uniformly using different formats is one of Shane’s specialties, and in this module, he shows you how to light with three different sensors to deliver one consistent look.
You will be taken through step-by-step on how he crafted the look for a pivotal scene in Crazy/Beautiful. This process that you will learn will give you an understanding of everything that goes into orchestrating and executing a seamless production so you can apply these techniques to your own projects with confidence!