Contains over 28 minutes of extensive video content and analysis.
You will learn:
- The items you need in your tool kit to be a DIT.
- What special items will save you in any occasion.
- How to stay organized with your equipment for various sized productions.
- How to stay mobile as a DIT.
- What items you’ll need to have on backup.
- The on set etiquette to being a DIT and managing your cart.
- What each tool does and how to maximize their uses on set.
- The steps to creating a streamlined workflow on set.
- The “must-have” items to get the job done.
- Items that are overlooked, but essential for set.
- The importance of your setup and being comfortable with how it works.
When you’re working with bleeding edge technology, or multiple cameras, your DIT is the crew member you’re going to turn to. They are your safety net if anything goes wrong on the day with cameras, media, and overall management of the data that’s being captured. In this installment of our DIT Series, Shane Hurlbut ASC’s DIT, Derek Johnson, discusses what he needs to roll out with on a job. Each job is different and he’ll break down what’s important to consider and bring with you to combat anything. You’ll understand the tools that you’ll need on the day and what to be aware of when getting ready for each job.
Shane’s Inner Circle members through 5/23/18 received this content as part of their membership.