Contains over 14 minutes of extensive video content and analysis.
You will learn:
- How to best light for a green screen interview
- How to ensure that your subject can move around freely
- How to successfully produce the best key light and backlight
- Why you should light for areas rather than specific marks
- Why you should light with a larger source
- How to create a more even field of light
- How to use different color temperatures to separate your subject from the green screen
When working with a green screen, knowing how to light your subject is essential. Shane Hurlbut, ASC will take you through his process of professionally lighting talent to avoid light contamination while ensuring distinct separation. Here’s where experience really comes into play, and rather than wait 25 years to build up your own, you can take advantage of Shane’s!
There are many variables to consider—Is this an interview? Is your subject moving around? In this instructional video, Shane will provide you with his personal tips and tricks, leaving you with a toolbox worth of advice on how to shape, form, and create the best image! Shane will take you through how to successfully produce a key light, backlight, and fill light, as well as how to shape this light using toppers, siders, and bottomers. You’ll be well on your way to being able to professionally light your screen so that your subject separates from it beautifully!