Take Your Career to the Next Level with Unparalleled Filmmaking Education from an ASC Cinematographer.
This lesson from Shane’s Inner Circle contains over 25 minutes of extensive video content and analysis – join now and never miss another article like this!
You will learn:
- How to work with small, on set generators
- The different uses for each size generator
- The capacity of each generator
- Which lights you can power with each generator
- How to overload a generator
- How different conditions affect generator efficiency and performance
- The best settings for running your generator
- How to meter the generator output
- How to take advantage of power on set
- The proper method of transporting a generator
- How Shane and his crew utilized portable generators on Terminator Salvation, Fathers & Daughters and Need for Speed
Portable generators are a very important part of the movie-making experience. In this article, Shane Hurlbut, ASC and his gaffer, Eric Forand, walk you through how to utilize various generator sizes for a multitude of on-set applications. Learn about generator setup, how Shane and Eric utilize their portable generators on location, and how to break them through in-depth analysis of actual set experience so you can know how to handle power on set!