If you are an Inner Circle member please contact [email protected] before purchasing for a special discount.
Contains over 11 minutes of extensive video content and analysis.
You will learn:
- Proper steps to setting up your focus monitor.
- The breakdown on how peaking/focus assist works.
- How to be accurate when using peaking/focus assist.
- Understanding the different scenarios in which you’ll have to finesse your monitor setup.
- How to keep your eyes fresh after a whole day of looking at a monitor.
- Understanding the settings of your monitor to get the most out of it.
- The difference between a B&W and color setup on your monitor.
- Figuring out your latitude of focus and the three points to choose from.
- Deciding what size monitor is going to be the best fit for you.
- Learning how to lead your audience through focus.
- Understanding how to creatively tell a story through focus.
- The tools to maximize your time on set.
- Deciding what you need in your kit.
- How to set up your focus monitor tree.
When working in the film industry, the “focus” of an image constantly flies under the radar as an important item. It’s the complete opposite. Focus is a critical part of filmmaking — it’s the eye of the camera, the guiding light for the audience, the expression of the image.
Long time 1st AC, Derek Edwards, takes you through the steps of understanding the importance of focus and how to set your focus monitor for the field. When working in the field as 1st AC, you need to be on your toes and ready to go with whatever task is thrown at you. Derek shows you what it takes to excel at his job when focusing the lens and what tools he uses to make his life easier so you can be confident with your focus pulling on set.