In this podcast you will learn:
- How dynamic range can be your friend and/or enemy.
- Breaking down the steps of being a 1-man-band and how using the world around you can be an ally when tackling limited dynamic range.
- Not over complicating the process and to think logically about the environment you are in.
- Knowing what you are going up against before setting foot on set.
- How to be comfortable around producers and your team on each project.
- Being prepared and understanding the scope of what you are doing before a budget is set.
- Understanding how different tools can affect your team and the process of getting the project completed.
- Knowing what crew size you will need to get the job done.
- How to orchestrate your team for the job coming up.
- Understanding your teammates strengths and weaknesses.
- Creating a plan for everyone involved and making sure that the team is on the same page.
- Taking the time to educate where is necessary.
- How to continue to be inspired during down time.
- Taking the time and learning from the masters in your life and in the industry.
- Studying other mediums and how they can affect your creative style/tastes.
Do you ever feel intimidated by everything that goes into making a project a success? Whether it is a movie, commercial, documentary, or wedding video, a solid period of pre-production can make or a break whatever you are working on. In this podcast, Shane Hurlbut, ASC and Lydia Hurlbut discuss their steps to staying on top of the rigors of filmmaking and how they keep their lives in line during the chaos. They take you through the headspace necessary to be a 1-man-band and how to organize your team to get the most out of them!