If you are an Inner Circle member, please contact [email protected] before purchasing for a special discount.
Contains over 25 minutes of extensive video content and analysis.
You will learn:
- How to work with small, on set generators
- The different uses for each size generator
- The capacity of each generator
- Which lights you can power with each generator
- How to overload a generator
- How different conditions affect generator efficiency and performance
- The best settings for running your generator
- How to meter the generator output
- How to take advantage of power on set
- The proper method of transporting a generator
- How Shane and his crew utilized portable generators on Terminator Salvation, Fathers & Daughters and Need for Speed
Portable generators are a crucial tool for any size production. In this article, Shane Hurlbut, ASC and his gaffer, Eric Forand, walk you through how to best utilize the various generator sizes for a multitude of on-set applications. Learn about generator setup, operation, transportation, and each size’s strength and weakness. This in depth analysis from Shane and Eric will prep you to be able to confidently power your set with portable generators.