Music via Musicbed
If you are an Inner Circle member, please contact [email protected] before purchasing for a special discount.
Contains over 48 minutes of extensive video content and analysis.
You will learn:
- The process for testing lenses
- What to test for on a prime lens
- What to test for on a zoom lens
- How to best compare results
- How to light for a lens test
- Tips and tricks for using lenses in the field
- What tools to used during a lens test
- How lens flares are produced
- How different elements of the lens affect the image
Lenses have an incredible impact on the quality of an image. Each set of lenses bring their own unique characteristics that can help tell a story. That’s why it’s so important to test different lenses when you’re prepping for a job, big or small. You don’t want to walk in with any kind of preconceived notions of a particular lens set being “better” or “worse” than any other because many times they are just different – It’s what’s right for you, the story, and how you want to tell it that counts.
In this article, Shane Hurlbut, ASC takes you through his process for testing lenses. He goes over what to test for on both primes and zooms, what tools to use during your lens test, and how to achieve the most relevant results. Learn the why along with the how in “How to Test Your Lens” so that you can make the best decision on what lenses to use for your projects.