Contains over 19 minutes of extensive video content and analysis.
You will learn:
- How to light in layers to achieve a cinematic look
- How to apply lighting techniques to reflect the emotion of the scene
- How to compose and block a table top scene
- How camera movement helps your emotional story
- How to use mixed sources to create color depth and contrast
- How to use practical light to enable 360 degree shooting
- How to light to enhance your actors’ performances
- How to use smoke to create texture
- How to create silhouettes for an eerie, unnerving mood
- How to use specific gel colors for best digital capture
Want to take your moody bar and club lighting skills to the next level? Shane Hurlbut, ASC will immerse you in a step by step process from script to screen, sharing his 25 plus years of experience of light placement, types of lights to use, color gels that work best for the digital sensor, the use of smoke, adding color contrast along with achieving that cinematic look.
Shane will also show you how to compose and block a table top scene, using practical light to enable 360 degrees shooting, creating silhouettes for an unnerving mood, and using mixed sources to create the ultimate color depth and contrast! If you are looking to improve your visual storytelling, this 20 minute video will unlock those secrets and give you the confidence to handle mixed sourced, moody environments with ease.