Take Your Career to the Next Level with Unparalleled Filmmaking Education from an ASC Cinematographer.
Join now and never miss another article like this!
In this podcast, you will learn:
- How Freefly’s MōVI technology stacks up against a Steadicam.
- Discussing the MōVI and the way it is changing how people shoot.
- What your capabilities are with both tools in production.
- The pros and cons of each tool, and how to get the most out of them.
- How to be be a leader in today’s market.
- Understanding when to collaborate with your peers and when to take one for yourself.
- Understanding that you need to come prepared in pre-production. Breaking down your script and understanding it.
- Learning to go with the flow on set and becoming one with your director or DP.
- How to prep for your shoot and get the proper scene coverage for when you are on set.
- Breakdown your scene to get a better understanding of what you will need.
- Collaborating with your DP to get the most of the script and to not overlook anything.
- Figuring out how to be efficient on set with your coverage.
- How to know when to balance your light or use mixed color sources.
- How to use a color meter and why it will help you get the most out of your image.
- Understanding when to make sure your colors are balance and when you want to mix and match colors.
- Understanding why and when to use certain gels and colors to express your film.
Becoming a filmmaker isn’t something that you learn overnight. You need to understand how certain tools and techniques will help create your story. Whether you are using a MōVI, dolly, or steadicam; they will tell specific stories and will give a different relationship to your audience.
Shane Hurlbut, ASC and Lydia Hurlbut take you through why and how Shane uses various tools in the industry. You’ll learn why understanding how to get the coverage you need for your film and collaborating with your director/DP will help the creative process bloom. They will break down step by step what it means to works in today’s industry as a filmmaker in this podcast so you can enhance your filmmaking skills!