Derek and Shane are going to simulate an on set live grade scenario so you can see what it is like and what the entire process is about. Shane has lit a scene with model Eli Jane and is going to analyze the image and begin working with Derek to create LUTS.
Color Grading Set Up:
The video hub feeds into a Teradek COLR LUT Box.
As he makes adjustments, the changes are in real time.
Derek will pull up a waveform in the bottom right corner of the screen to get an overall read on the exposure, then he will begin to balance it out.
This lesson from Shane’s Inner Circle contains over 10 minutes of video content and analysis.
You will learn:
- How to get great skin tones
- Working with highlights, mids, and blacks and how they affect skin tone
- The basics of Pomfort Livegrade V.3
- Knowing the basics to create a rough look for on set
- Understanding the best settings for your RED when doing a live-grade
- How to best use your Waveform
- Understanding how to balance your image and to create a satisfying look
- What it means to be a DIT working with a live workflow on set
- The steps to creating a 3D LUT
- Exporting your LUT through Pomfort Livegrade V.3
- How different looks establish mood