Music via Musicbed: Midnight Riot – “Never Coming Down”
If you are an Inner Circle member please contact [email protected] before purchasing for a special discount.
Contains over 14 minutes of extensive video content and analysis.
You will learn:
- How to balance light levels when shooting in broad daylight.
- How to control sunlight with diffusion, bounces and negative fill.
- How to apply your sun paths to your shoot schedule.
- How to create a plan of attack to get the most out of your day.
- How to use the environment to control light and create cinematic images.
- How to rig diffusion frames into tight spaces.
- How to decide what is the right diffusion for top light scenarios.
- How to mix your diffusion with the environment for a natural looking image.
- How to orchestrate a camera move with lighting control.
- How to utilize fog to add texture and shape to your images.
When shooting day exteriors, you don’t always have the luxury of shooting at your preferred time of day. Sometimes, you can plan for that sweet spot in the sun’s path… but sometimes, with how your schedule is, you have to shoot at high noon and bite your tongue.
Shane Hurlbut, ASC takes you through the steps to combat harsh shadows created from direct sunlight and how negative fill can help get the most out of these scenarios. You will learn which diffusion does the trick, how to bounce light to just kiss the shadows, and how creating a balanced image will go a long way so you can get your lighting just right during times of bright sunlight.