Contains over 24 minutes of extensive video content and analysis.
You will learn:
- Understanding what to expect when entering into camera prep.
- Learning how communication is key and executing the DP’s vision.
- How to be thorough with the gear and to make sure it’s in proper working order.
- Staying organized during your prep and how that translates to the shoot.
- How to prep the tools to make sure they fit the needs of the production and crew.
- Understanding RED Camera settings and how they affect your camera.
- Knowing how to customize the camera for the DP.
- How to design your monitor for the DP and camera department.
- Understanding what ergonomically makes sense for film productions.
Being in the camera department is 1-part “strength” and 2-parts “mind.” Common sense is the name of the game and it absolutely applies to when you are getting ready for the job and preparing your camera package. In this video, Shane Hurlbut ASC’s 1st AC, Derek Edwards, takes you through the steps that help him execute prepping a camera package and maintaining ease of mind by guiding you through what to expect, what you’ll need to do, and how to work effectively and efficiently. This will give you the knowledge that you need to make sure you are covering all the bases and providing your camera team the equipment they need to get the job done.
Shane’s Inner Circle members through 3/12/18 received this content as part of their membership.