In this podcast, you will learn:
- Understanding the difference between renting and owning equipment:
- How to maximize your efforts when owning equipment.
- The pros and cons of owning equipment.
- How to maximize your efforts when renting equipment.
- The pros and cons of renting equipment.
- The unique benefits and relationships that renting establishes.
- What equipment is worth owning and what equipment you should stay away from.
- How to make the transition to a DP:
- Understanding the process of weaving your way up the ladder and propelling yourself from those around you.
- How to start crafting your reel from various projects you’ve done.
- Maintaining relationships with the prior DP’s you’ve worked with and establishing a foundation to work from.
- Using a light meter in the digital age:
- Understanding a light meters benefits when shooting your project digitally.
- How to pair your light meter with your specific sensor and what to be aware of.
- Knowing the difference between incident and spot readings.
- What light and spot meters get the job done.
- Understanding the difference between celluloid and a digital sensor when exposing.
- The mental gymnastics of what you need to consider when exposing film.
- Understanding the reasons why you might meter instead of using false color.
Whether you’re a director, producer, or cinematographer… the goal in this industry is to always be progressing and trying to elevate your craft. It’s important to push yourself beyond the limitations that you construct for yourself. In this month’s podcast Shane Hurlbut, ASC and Lydia Hurlbut are here to talk about those steps. It’s never easy knowing when and how to go about accomplishing. Whether you are doing what’s right for your career, your project, or even for yourself. By the end of this podcast, you’ll have a better understanding of the financial choices you’ll need to make and potential next steps you’ll need to take.
Shane’s Inner Circle members through 5/2/18 received this content as part of their membership.