Contains over 13 minutes of extensive video content and analysis.
You will learn:
- How to manipulate your audience through shot selection.
- Understanding the basics of camera emotion.
- How to utilize handheld and long lens shots to create a sense of claustrophobia.
- Understanding the script and how to adapt it for the audience.
- How to create kinetic and elaborate sequences while feeding the audience information.
- Utilizing uniques methods to establish your emotion.
- Understanding how to utilize a composition to its full potential.
- How to work and get your coverage in small windows of time.
Manipulating your audience through camera language is the ultimate way to put your audience in the front seat. In this installment of the On Set – Camera Dynamics Series, Shane Hurlbut, ASC discusses his time on “Waist Deep” and how he set the tone early on with his camera movement. He discusses what it took to get the audience in the mindset of the film and how to play against their expectations on what was going to come next. By the end, you’ll have a better understanding of how your lens choice and camera movement can make or break your film.
Shane’s Inner Circle members through 4/16/18 received this content as part of their membership.