SIC Podcast Ep.7 is now available on iTunes!
This podcast is a good one! We have lighting, we have cinematography and most importantly, we have great questions! We’ll look into some technical details of bigger productions. I’ll share what I like to have on my lighting truck so I can pull out the big guns whenever I need to! And recommend the best solution for power distribution to keep these babies running. We’ll talk about the quality of light and how to pick the best source for any scene. So let’s get right to it!
Some of the questions we’ll be answering are:
- How to match the look of your cameras
- How do you pick the perfect light for your setup
- What are the best ways to light a car interior shot
- The intricacies of pre-production
- What big guns in terms of lighting I like to have in my arsenal
- What’s the best way to storyboard and create lighting diagrams
- Power distribution for my 18Ks
- What batteries to get for your camera setup
There are so many tools you can use to create the best look for your scene. But never forget, the most valuable knowledge you can have as a cinematographer is to understand the quality of light and being able to replicate it. That is what brings you up to the higher level, that is what makes you a true artist and cinematographer.If you have questions, head over to the Shane’s Inner Circle and submit them today. To do so, you’ll need to be a member of our online community. So join up if you haven’t already!