SIC Podcast Ep.8 is now available on iTunes!
In this podcast, I decided to focus mostly on the topic of visual style. How to build or not build up your visual style, how to distinguish yourself from others. The importance of creating a different look for each project – never forget the importance of your prep and pre-production! You should always study the works of great artists and cinematographers, I’ll share with you my biggest artistic inspirations and motivations.
Some of the questions I’ll be answering are:
- Defining your visual signature and the process of creating it
- How to achieve a realistic, yet cinematic image
- The mystery of FPS
- What to invest into owning equipment vs renting
- Exposing night scenes
- What artists are my biggest inspiration
- How to create choreography for complex oner’s
It is not easy to find your visual style. It is even more difficult to have your style while keeping each one of your projects have a unique look to them. It takes time, patience and a lot of trial and error, but is always worth it in the end!
If you have questions, head over to the Shane’s Inner Circle and submit them today. To do so, you’ll need to be a member of our online community. So join up if you haven’t already!