Contains over 14 minutes of extensive video content and analysis.
You will learn:
- The essential tools you’ll need right by your side out in the field.
- A description of each tool and its purpose when put into practice.
- The theory on how to be prepared as a 1st or 2nd AC.
- Understanding the needs of different camera systems.
- Knowing what your DP needs for the job.
- Understanding different ways of organizing your kit and what options there are.
- Alternative tools to get job done.
- How to blend the best of the digital and film world into one kit.
- Understanding the core concepts of being an AC and how you need to pack for your team.
The more and more we progress down the 1’s and 0’s of digital cinematography, the more and more tools we are going to need with all these intricate parts and pieces that come with our camera systems today. With a film camera, you didn’t need a thousand different allen keys, screwdrivers and whatever other mixed tools you need to get the job done.
In this article and video, my 1st AC, Derek Edwards, continues to take you through his ever-evolving kit that is one of the best I’ve ever seen. He’s been working deep in the industry for the last 20 years and his tips are going to make you re-evaluate your own kit to make it that much better.
Shane’s Inner Circle members through 2/8/18 received this content as part of their membership.