Take Your Career to the Next Level with Unparalleled Filmmaking Education from an ASC Cinematographer.
This lesson from Shane’s Inner Circle contains over 33 minutes of extensive video content and analysis – join now and never miss another article like this!
You will learn:
- How to work in DaVinci Resolve
- The process of secondary color grading
- How to isolate areas of the image
- Using the qualifier to select certain parts of the image
- About refining a selection
- How to work with serial nodes
- Great way to vignette
- How to isolate the skin tone
- Working with power windows
- Applying gradients
- How to use SpyderCheckr
- The best way to utilize your scopes
Advanced color grading moves beyond the initial steps of image balancing and into the realm of image tweaking. This is when you pull out certain colors, tones, or areas of a shot with power windows or through keying for multiple layers of correction. Shane Hurlbut ASC’s DIT, Derek Johnson, walks you through his process of secondary color correction by isolating different areas of the image using qualifiers, adding a vignette, working with gradients, and utilizing your scopes. Learn how to take your images to the next level with this advanced color grading course.