Take Your Career to the Next Level with Unparalleled Filmmaking Education from an ASC Cinematographer.
Join now and never miss another article like this!
In this podcast, you will learn:
- Where to put your money when you are first starting out:
- Is it better to invest in gear (i.e. lights, camera, lenses)?
- Is it better to invest in developing your demo reel?
- Is it better to invest in financing your own and going down the indie film circuit?
- How to decide what is best financial decision for yourself and to make the right choices down the line.
- To make the decisions that will ultimately get you on your feet and to make a living.
- Understanding the best steps to getting into an agency:
- Knowing the hurdles you are going to have to face whether you are a DP or Director.
- Understanding how to carry yourself with confidence but not arrogance.
- How to make yourself stand out from the rest of the crowd.
- Understanding the power of your demo reel.
- Knowing that you will have to make sacrifices to get where you want to be:
- How to manage a career change and not having your quality of life suffer from it.
- Understanding “when” the best time is to jump all-in on your dreams and not looking back.
- Preparing for the hurdles you’ll have to face when first starting out and needing to get any work you can get.
- How to maintain confidence in your career when others don’t believe in you.
- How to be a leader when the odds are against you.
- Maintaining your content at it’s highest quality in short time frames:
- The methods to managing your schedule and time.
- Keeping consistent with your work and understanding the expectations of your team.
Being the in the film industry can be a labyrinth of ups, downs, lefts and rights. It can be hard at times to tell if you are making the right decisions career wise, financially, and creatively; and sometimes you won’t be able to tell for months or years down the road! Well in this podcast, Shane Hurlbut, ASC and Lydia Hurlbut, CEO of Hurlbut Visuals, are here to let you know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
In this podcast, Shane and Lydia take you through the steps to clear your mind, what to prepare for, and how to handle your time when big career choices are ahead. We all have to make big decisions in life that may require sacrifices, but those are just part of the process of obtaining greater goals. Learn how to maintain or enhance your quality of life while chasing your dreams and providing for yourself with their guidance.